Actions speak louder than your good intentions...
Those who are new to using intuition are the ones most likely to give up.
Actually, you probably have accessed it many times, by chance – and then mistook it as something silly. But, this is the point where it is most important to keep going and using it! And more importantly, playing with it rather than making it a life or death consequence. This is a far more functional way to approach it.
1. Never done it before
2. Have spent months without regular practice
It’s the same with intuition.
Actions Speaks Louder Than...
Action will delineate and define you – Thomas Jefferson
There are several ways this can manifest – being demotivated by your negative thoughts, things you say to other people or obvious action. If you are struggling with practicing your intuition, which one of these are you?
Believing loud inner mind chatter (which demotivates you to take no action), such as:
- Who am I to do that?
- I can't access my intuition as good as others
- I don't have anything important to say
Saying to other people (directly or a comment in passing) things like:
- "I don't know" (a big No No)
- "I'll do it later"
- Dulling down what you get & softening it (technically you are using it, but playing yourself down to prove there's nothing special about your intuition)
Doing things like:
- Being distracted by other things (usually shiny!) when you intend to use intuition
- Not taking obvious opportunities to use your intuition
What Do I Do Instead?
A clue to whether you are in this space is if you ever hear yourself say: “I should...”
But there are ways around this – an alternative possibility is to find fun ways to use it. For example, those who hate repetitive practice at the gym could try martial arts or dancing as a way to exercise. Likewise, you could use intuition regularly in the form of play and like a game.
Intuition is actually about going to a beautiful tranquil place of truth. And it is heaps of fun too.
Give it a go- have some fun. If you have no idea how to start, then contact me - I offer intuitive workshops or Intuitive Life Coaching for those who want to learn about living their life guided by intuition.